Fund Development Manager
Rose of Sharon Services for Young Mothers is a non-profit, charitable organization honoring our heritage with the Sisters of the Good Shepherd. The mission of Rose of Sharon is Empowering young mothers to embrace their strengths and support the future they envision for themselves and their children.
Since 1985, we have given young mothers the opportunity to work towards their goals in a supportive, learning-centered environment while parenting their young children. With the generous support of our community, we have been able to enhance the lives of young women and their families. We are the only agency providing these comprehensive services in the region and the need for our services continues to grow each year.
Rose of Sharon is currently seeking a full time Fund Development Manager to work with the Executive Director for a 2 year contract. The Fund Development Manager holds overall responsibility for the organization’s fund development programs including but not limited to – direct marketing, organization-wide communication and PR, grant seeking and major gifts. The incumbent is responsible for developing prospects and generating financial support through monetary and in-kind sponsorships from key individual donors, community, corporate, government, foundations, grassroots fundraising and online campaigns. This includes the development, implementation, management and evaluation of a comprehensive plan and approach to fundraising and new business development programs.
The primary duties required for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a full range of fund development and communication strategies to meet Fundraising goals.
- An active member of the Senior Management team
- Manage, mentor and lead a team of two staff members to create a Fund Development Plan with training tools, processes and best practices, outcomes and accountability to achieve success
- With the support of the Executive Director and the Board of Directors create long-term strategic growth plans, as well as annual operational plans that set goals, objectives, targets and budgets for fundraising
- Support Board Members in their activities as it is related to fund development
- Ensure appropriate donor relations and develop and oversee a Stewardship/Donor Recognition Program
- Develop and implement innovative and strategic communication and solicitation strategies to build donor loyalty, improve retention and increase a base of annual individual and corporate donors
- Conduct comprehensive research in order to identify and increase potential Major Gift prospects and opportunities to increase agency’s financial sustainability
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to write, prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Manage innovative opportunities to increase the profile of the Agency including all social media, special events and serve as a spokesperson for presentations / events requiring public presence
- Establish and oversee systems, programs, processes to ensure the administration and organizational effectiveness of the Fund Development plan
- Conceptualize strategies and develop models of accountability for the fund development budget. Manage budget, gauging whether or not targets will be met. Includes assessment of the big picture as well as day to day financial results.
- Create and provide analysis on a regular basis and post-campaign revenue reports for discussion with the board, reporting on trends, opportunities and areas of potential concern
- Responsible for our organization and fund development communication strategies including but not limited to our AGM, Annual Report, funder/donor reports, website and social media
- Keep up to date with current fundraising and social trends, CRA guidelines, current events and political changes by participating in professional organizations and communications in York Region events and networking within business organizations.
- Maintain current on all legislation and ethical practices pertaining to fundraising.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- University or college graduate with concentration in business, fund development or related field
- 5-7 years’ experience in fundraising. CFRE designation is an asset.
- Demonstrated success in business development, prospecting, soliciting and closing opportunities.
- Demonstrated success in Communications and PR.
- Self-starter, able to achieve results with little supervision and work independently;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Prior experience in supervision of staff and creating a dynamic team
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and interpersonal skills to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Solutions oriented with a customer service orientation and the ability to proactively identify and manage challenges.
- Strong organizational skills to determine work priorities and manage multiple projects
- High level of professionalism and drive, with an enthusiasm and passion for delivering results
- Proven data management and analysis skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft office suite of products and with donor management software (preferably Etapestry)
- Strategic and critical thinking skills are required to develop new and unique operations of the organizations fund development and to create new opportunities
- Understanding of ethical behavior and business practices to ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values and mission of Rose of Sharon Services for Young Mothers.
- Ability to work effectively with groups: board, volunteers, staff and management
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- A valid driving license, use of a personal car and willingness to travel as required
- Knowledge of legislation surrounding charities and charitable giving
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Candidates are invited to indicate their interest in this position by sending a resume, cover letter and their salary expectations to email@example.com
ROSE OF SHARON SERVICES FOR YOUNG MOTHERS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROMOTES DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Rose of Sharon. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.